From Father Andrew Bahhi: New Year, New Life
New Year’s is an opportunity to ask God for forgiveness and take all the iniquity and sins, and make this the year of the blessing, healing, peace and reconciliation, and the year for each one of us to walk with God and accept God as savior for his/her life.
Another year from your life will pass, but you still have another opportunity for years to come to be with Him, walk with Him, and be according to His heart. It is not easy to be faithful, Galatians says one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is faithfulness.
Get this fruit, and you can be with God always. Not only on certain days and holidays, but always we should be with Him.
The Bible does not show any mention about Jesus from the age of 12 until the time he starts preaching about forgiveness.
But then by the Book of Luke 2, the last 10 verses show how Jesus was living:
1. “And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.” (Luke 2:40)
2. “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
Here we discover that God had a plan for Jesus; and He has a plan for us.
Like a building, an architect designs a dream building from a piece of paper. But we know it will become SOMETHING if we continue.
It is a plan for everyone who wants to have the good life, another life. We should plan how to inherit that second life from now. Otherwise, we go to Hell. We still have time.
Have faith in him, and we will be ready to meet him.
We know that Grace covers our spiritual life. If we have strong relationships with God, this is the only one who will never ever leave us alone.
So, when the Bible says just as Jesus grew in grace, you must also grow in grace or you will not inherit eternity.
1. We need to draw a clear plan for our spiritual life.
Read the Bible in the next year. Force ourselves to read it, if necessary. We should grow in grace, otherwise we won’t be Christ-like. As it is said in 2 Peter 3:18: “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
2. Take care of your body and take care of the bodies of your family. This is a gift of God from you. “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” 1 Corinthians 3:16
3. Grow in wisdom. If we read the sermon of the mount, Jesus says “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock” Matthew 7:24.
Learn more in Father Andrew’s sermon video here.
May 19, 2019
May 12, 2019
May 05, 2019